ETL certification introduction
ETL is the abbreviation of Electrical Testing Laboratories . ETL test
The laboratory was founded by American inventor Edison in 1896 and enjoys a high reputation in the United States and around the world. With UL , CSA , like, ETL according to UL standard or the American National Standards tests issued by ETL certification mark, also at the same time in accordance with UL standard or American National Standards and CSA standards or Canadian standard tests issued by the composite certification mark. The "us" in the lower right indicates that it is applicable to the United States, the "c" in the lower left indicates that it is applicable to Canada, and both "us" and "c" are applicable in both countries.
Which products does ETL certification apply to?
The product safety testing provided by ETL covers various products, fields, and markets, including power tools, home appliances, telecommunications and IT products, components, lamps, HVAC, medical equipment, toys, etc., we recommend that you check our product listing List. The products of the following companies use the ETL logo:
AT & T
ConairCorp , Conair Group
Eastman Kodak Kodak
GeneralElectric General Electric
ETL certification process
Until 2013 , there were two ways to obtain the ETL certificate. One is to transfer through the CB test report, or you can apply directly. The required submission documents are as follows:
1. Application Form
2.CB test certificate copy ( not required for direct application )
3.CB test report copy ( not required for direct application )
5. Other relevant test results and product data, such as product manuals, photos, component lists, etc.
( If you pass the CB report, you need to perform a difference test )
ETL basic test method
1) Leakage current test : The sample used for the leakage current test has not been tested before it is tested
2) Normal temperature rise : Test Test method : Thermocouple : The standard requires 24-30AWG thermocouple , ( 30AWG currently used in laboratories )
3) Leakage current test after tide : General test conditions: T = 32 +/- 2 ° C, RH = 88 ± 2%. Duration: Take out after 48 hours to complete the test conditions for leakage current test T = 20 ~ 30 ° C, RH = 93 +/- 3%
4) , withstand voltage test : products without double insulation and grounding products: 1000 V / 1 minute (the target voltage climb time of the device is set to 5 seconds , the cut-off current is set to 8.3 mA, and then held at the target voltage for 1 minute ) [ 2]
Which countries accept the ETL mark
In the United States and Canada, the ETL mark is a widely accepted proof of product compliance.
Whether the ETL listing mark is accepted throughout North America
Because the ETL listing mark is a widely recognized and accepted product that demonstrates compliance with safety standards, retailers, inspectors, and jurisdictions (AHJ) accept ETL listed products.