Introduction of UL certification
UL is short for Underwriter Laboratories Inc. The UL Safety Test Institute is the most authoritative in the United States, and it is also a large non-governmental organization engaged in safety testing and identification in the world. It is an independent, for-profit, professional agency that tests for public safety. It uses scientific testing methods to study and determine the extent to which materials, devices, products, equipment, buildings, etc. are hazardous and hazardous to life and property; determine, write, and issue corresponding standards and help reduce and prevent life Information on property loss, and conduct fact-finding business.
UL certification scope and requirements of the key components of
certified products is mainly electrical and electronics, machinery, mechanical and electrical products, lighting, audio and video, electrical tools, power tools, electrical components and various components that must be UL certification requirements : including: Relays, thermostats, insulation materials, plastic materials, rubber materials, glue, safety capacitors, plugs, power cords, fuses, fuses, wiring harnesses, electronic wires, switches, bushings, tapes, circuit boards, fuses, etc.
UL certification process
1. The applicant submits relevant company and product information
2. Product information: Product information in detail, preferably in both English and Chinese. First determine whether your product falls within the scope of UL testing. The information provided is as follows:
( 1 ) Product name: Provide the full name of the product.
( 2 ) Product Model: List all product models, varieties or classification numbers that need to be tested.
( 3 ) The intended use of the product: for example: home, office, factory, coal mine, ship, etc.
( 4 ) Parts list: details the parts and models ( classification numbers ) , ratings, and names of manufacturers that make up the product . For insulation materials, please provide the name of the raw material, for example: GE Polycarbonate, Lexan Type 104 . When the component has obtained UL certification or approval, please prove the specific model of the component and indicate its UL file number.
( 5 ) Electrical performance: For electronic and electrical products. Provide electrical schematic diagram (circuit diagram), electrical performance table.
( 6 ) Structure drawing: For most products, it is necessary to provide the product's structure drawing or exploded drawing, ingredient list, etc.
( 7 ) Product photos, instructions for use, safety, etc. or installation instructions.
3. Perform product testing
4. Obtain UL Use Mark
Cautions for UL certification
1. The minimum height of a registered trademark should be 3/64 inches.
2. When the outer diameter of the UL mark is less than 3/8 inches, the registered trademark symbol can be ignored if it is not legible under naked eyes.
3. The mark can be directly and fixed on the unchanged product by stamping, moulding, ink printing, screen printing or similar methods.
4. Obtaining the logo: Manufacturers can reprint or obtain it from UL authorized dealers.