Metering MID directive introduced
Measuring Instruments Directive (Measuring Instruments Directive, referred to as MID) 2004/22 / EC , the EU has in 2004 Nian 4 Yue 30 Official Journal of the instruction day, and in 2006 in 10 Yue 30 date of enforcement Measuring Instruments Directive include automatic EU directives on weighing instruments, dispensers, length and volume measuring instruments and measuring instruments such as water meters, electricity meters and gas meters.
The MID directive mainly applies to measuring instruments:
1. Water meter
2. Gas meter
3. Electricity meter
4. Heat meter
5. Liquid meter (except water)
6. Automatic weighing instrument
7. Taxi meter
8. Material measuring instrument
9. Multi -size measuring and measuring instrument
10. Exhaust gas measuring instrument
Introduction to authentication mode
Mode B-EC- type certification
The conformity assessment of samples includes the following tests:
- Electrical Safety
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Environmental test
- Software evaluation
The specific test procedures are detailed in the following standards:
- EN 50470-1 (VDE 0418-0-1)
- EN 50470-2 (VDE 0418-0-2)
- EN 50470-3 (VDE 0418-0-3)
The test results of the metering equipment together with the documents submitted by the manufacturer (for example, data sheets, functional descriptions, etc.) form the basis for type certification. The quality assurance procedures in the series production are governed by the instruction module D or F , and the product must obtain this certification before being placed on the market.
Mode D- System certificate based on production quality assurance
After obtaining type approval (mode B ), module D constitutes the second step before placing an active meter on the market. The compliance assessment procedure for Module D is designed to ensure that metering equipment produced through standard production processes will only be shipped if they comply with the directive. This requires confirming whether the manufacturer has adopted a MID- compliant quality assurance system in its production .
In the rigorous review of the QAsystem, certain aspects focused on compliance with production process regulations, the use of qualified personnel, and ensuring that production and testing procedures were appropriate for its purpose. If the evaluation is successful, the manufacturer can mark the measurement equipment ( M plus the identification number of the qualified institution) on its measuring equipment and put it on the market. The combination of modules B + D is especially suitable for those manufacturers who have implemented effective quality assurance systems in their production and final acceptance procedures.
Risk of non-compliance with CE marking
1. The risk is very large. Once investigated, it will face penalties such as fines, return of goods, destruction, and inability to clear customs. If the circumstances are serious, it will be blacklisted and permanently barred from entering the EU market.
2. In the EU market, the " CE " mark is a compulsory certification mark. Whether it is a product produced by an enterprise within the EU or a product produced in another country, it must be affixed with the " CE " mark to freely circulate on the EU market. Demonstrates that the product meets the basic requirements of the EU's New Technical Coordination and Standardization Directive. This is a mandatory requirement imposed on products by EU law.
3. The meaning of the CE mark is that the CE acronym is used to indicate that the product with the CE mark conforms to the main requirements of the relevant European directives and is used to confirm that the product has passed the corresponding conformity assessment procedure and / or the manufacturer's The declaration of conformity has truly become a passport for products to be allowed to enter the European Union market. For instructions to add CE marked products, no CE mark may not be listed for sale, has been affixed CEmark to market products that do not meet safety requirements should be ordered to withdraw from the market, continued violation of Directive CE mark requirements, Will be restricted or banned from entering the EU market or forced to withdraw from the market.